Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » » POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA

POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA

Oh, what a wonderful and easy recipe I am sharing with you today! You are going to love this! These delightful potato gnocchi combined with fragrant mushrooms and creamy feta cheese make a perfect vegetarian dinner. And if you are short on time, it’s OK! It takes just 30 minutes to cook this goodness.
Growing up in Ukraine we had potato gnocchi very often on the family table. I was always a big fan. When I moved to the US, I wasn’t cooking gnocchi because, frankly, I am always short on time (who isn’t? ðŸ˜‰ ). It does take some work to make gnocchi from scratch, but I have good news for you – store bought gnocchi taste really good! I examined the ingredients and concluded that it’s the way to go when you are looking to cook quick and delicious dinner. You can easily find gnocchi in your local supermarket in the refrigerated pasta section, next to ravioli and fresh pasta.

Let’s take a moment and talk about feta cheese. I know I’ve said it many times in my earlier posts, but it’s really important, so I’ll say it again: try to find good quality feta cheese, because it’s awesome and delicious! The feta cheese crumbles you see on the shelves in grocery stores are NOT FETA. They are not even cheese. I don’t mean to sound so blunt, but I REALLY hope you try some good feta. If I could, I’d share a piece with you through the computer screen. Maybe one day ðŸ™‚
I buy feta from a local Bulgarian store, here in NJ, but it is possible to order it onlinefrom the same store or order it from Amazon . I believe you can find a good feta cheese in big health food stores. You need the kind that is sold in blocks, not the crumbles.

POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA


    ServingsPrep Time
    4 servings10 minutues
    Cook Time
    20 minutes
    Ingredients
    • 1 lb potato gnocchi (homemade or store bought)
    • 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms roughly chopped
    • 1/2 lb white button mushrooms roughly chopped
    • 2 tbsp butter
    • 2 garlic cloves minced
    • 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
    • 2/3 cup white wine such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Zinfandel.
    • 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
    •  chopped parsley to garnish

    Instructions
    1. In a medium pot, bring water to boil. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
    2. While the gnocchi is cooking, melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, letting them brown nicely. Add garlic and rosemary and cook for another minute.
    3. Add wine and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the wine is almost evaporated but there is still some liquid remaining. Add the gnocchi, stir everything gently and keep cooking for 5-7 minutes until the gnocchi brown slightly.
    4. Remove pan from the heat and sprinkle feta cheese on top. Garnish the dish with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
    SHARE

    About nj

    0 comentários :

    Enviar um comentário